Serve the Congregation
There’s always a place to serve and support your spiritual home at the UU Church of Studio City.
In addition to financial support, an important part of supporting and investing in the future of our congregation is through sharing our time and talent. Please let us know if you would like to participate in any of these opportunities:
- Greeters provide a friendly welcome Sunday mornings and Ushers serve during worship. This 1.5 hours commitment is a great way to get to know new people in the congregation. Contact Cindy Lee: email@example.com to be a greeter, and Luis Harbottle: firstname.lastname@example.org to be an usher.
- Choir enhances and inspires our worship experience. Rehearsals are Monday evenings and before the Sunday service. Contact Dr. Nancy Holland: email@example.com
- Classroom Volunteers serve children and youth in the Religious Exploration program, for an intergenerational experience for all involved. 1 – 2 hours per month. Contact Jason Taksony Hewitt, Director of RE at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Stewardship Team works closely with the Minister to identify fund raising opportunities recruit and lead volunteers and assist with the Annual Fund Drive. There are from 5-8 members who meet about 7-9 times per year. This year (2018) is our exciting 75th Anniversary and we are planning several activities supporting this theme. Contact Robert Gonsalves: email@example.com.
- Community Garden Volunteers work in our “Shared Earth Project” garden and orchard along with congregational members, friends, children participating in Religious Exploration and Beth Ohr congregants. Volunteers provide periodic light maintenance weekly over the course of the year, harvest produce on most Sundays and enjoy quarterly work parties. Check the church calendar for specific activities. To volunteer for a week of garden maintenance, or a Garden Work Party, contact Jeanne McConnell: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Building and Grounds Volunteers assist with keeping our property beautiful, welcoming, and functional. 3 hour commitment per month. Contact Mary McFadden: email@example.com
- The Kitchen Team is responsible for set-up and clean-up on Sunday mornings for our fair-trade coffee service and refreshement, and assist with events. Varying time commitment. Contact Donna Mae Pitluck: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chalice Circle Facilitators organize and assist groups of 6-10 people who get together once a month to explore their spirituality and offer service to the community. Materials and training are provided. Commitment includes initial training, monthly group meetings, communicating between meetings, occasional leader support meetings, and a group community service event. Contact Rev. Hannah Petrie: email@example.com
- Office Volunteers assist the administration staff. 2 hours per week. Computer proficiency is needed. Contact Claudia Moscotte: firstname.lastname@example.org
Serve as a Leader
UUCSC also offers many opportunities for you to develop leadership skills. You may lead an existing team or committee, or perhaps start a new group of your own! Please contact Rev. Hannah Petrie at email@example.com if you are interested.
Other opportunities to serve include as a member of the Endowment Committee or the Board of Trustees. Our current and former members have found serving on UUCSC’s Board to be a meaningful way to invest in something important, make a key contribution to the Congregation, and put their ideals into practice. Serving on the Board is a great way to meet new people and build lasting relationships with other Board members and staff. Board members experience all that our staff and leadership contribute, and gain a new appreciation of all it takes to make the Congregation a success.
We encourage you to contact the Nominating Committee to suggest yourself or share a recommendation. Contact Lindsey Black, the Nominating Committee Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org. They are always happy to hear about interested, qualified individuals.
Community Garden Volunteers
Community Garden Volunteers work in our Shared Earth Project garden and orchard along with fellow congregational members, friends, RE kids and Beth Ohr congregants. They harvest produce on most Sundays and enjoy quarterly work parties. Volunteers will provide periodic light maintenance each week over the course of the year. If you are interested in joining this amazing project, please contact Jeanne McConnell: email@example.com.
Volunteer Stewardship Team Members
Stewardship Team members identify fund-raising activities for the year, recruit and lead volunteers for fund-raising events, and assist with the Annual Fund Drive. There are from 5-8 members who usually meet about 7-9 times per year from 7:00-8:00 PM. This year (2018) is our exciting and auspicious 75th anniversary!. We are planning several fund-raising (as well as fun-raising!) activities connected to this theme commemorating the congregation’s first Sunday service on October 3, 1943, including anniversary celebrations on and leading up to October 3, 2018. For more information or to volunteer, please contact Robert Gonsalves: firstname.lastname@example.org.