Serve the Congregation
There’s always a place to serve and support your spiritual home at the UU Church of Studio City.
In addition to financial support, an important part of supporting and investing in the future of our congregation is through sharing our time and talent. Please let us know if you would like to participate in any of these opportunities:
- Greeters provide a friendly welcome Sunday mornings and Ushers serve during worship. This 1.5 hours commitment is a great way to get to know new people in the congregation. Contact Luis Harbottle: email@example.com to be an usher.
- Choir enhances and inspires our worship experience. In-person rehearsals are on hiatus during the pandemic. In the interim the choir meets on Monday evenings via Zoom. Contact John Bergquist at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Classroom Volunteers serve children and youth in the Religious Exploration program, for an intergenerational experience for all involved. 1 – 2 hours per month.
- The Stewardship Team works closely with the Minister in creating and running the Annual Fund Drive and monitors pledge giving throughout the year, making sure quarterly reminder statements are sent and signing up new Members /Friends. The team is also temporarily responsible for fund-raising activities. The group meets about every 6 weeks, more often at the time of the Fund Drive. For more information or to volunteer, please contact the team at email@example.com.
- Community Garden Volunteers work in our “Shared Earth Project” garden and orchard along with congregational members, friends, children participating in Religious Exploration and Beth Ohr congregants. Volunteers provide periodic light maintenance weekly over the course of the year, harvest produce on most Sundays and enjoy quarterly work parties. Check the church calendar for specific activities. If you are interested in joining this amazing project, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Building and Grounds Volunteers assist with keeping our property beautiful, welcoming, and functional. 3 hour commitment per month. Contact the committee chair at email@example.com.
- The Kitchen Team is responsible for set-up and clean-up on Sunday mornings for our fair-trade coffee service and refreshment, and assist with events. Varying time commitment.
- Chalice Circle Facilitators organize and assist groups of 6-10 people who get together once a month to explore their spirituality and offer service to the community. Materials and training are provided. Commitment includes initial training, monthly group meetings, communicating between meetings, occasional leader support meetings, and a group community service event.
- Office Volunteers assist the administration staff. 2 hours per week. Computer proficiency is needed. Contact our church administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Serve as a Leader
UUCSC also offers many opportunities for you to develop leadership skills. You may lead an existing team or committee, or perhaps start a new group of your own!
Other opportunities to serve include as a member of the Endowment Committee or the Board of Trustees. Our current and former members have found serving on UUCSC’s Board to be a meaningful way to invest in something important, make a key contribution to the Congregation, and put their ideals into practice. Serving on the Board is a great way to meet new people and build lasting relationships with other Board members and staff. Board members experience all that our staff and leadership contribute, and gain a new appreciation of all it takes to make the Congregation a success.
We encourage you to contact the Nominating Committee to suggest yourself or share a recommendation. They are always happy to hear about interested, qualified individuals.