Unitarian Universalists are curious, compassionate thinkers and doers who value thinking for themselves and acting on what they believe. We are diverse in faith, ethnicity, history and spirituality, but aligned in our desire to make a difference for the good.
Unitarian Universalists come from a variety of backgrounds, traditions and religions. We respect and celebrate our differences, and seek not to convert, but to share. We are not a melting pot, but rather a mosaic, and subscribe to no dogma.
We are free to hold any belief or non-belief concerning God or judgment. We find expression in our religion by living out our values. People do not have to abandon their faith or traditions to become members or friends of our church. We ask only that they let go of the doctrine of exclusivity.
We have radical roots and a history as self-motivated, spiritual people: we think for ourselves and recognize that life experience influences our beliefs more than anything.
We need not think alike to love alike.
We have been on the forefront of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer inclusion for more than 40 years.
Our Mission Statement
- Ours is an inclusive religious community that inspires personal and spiritual growth.
- We care for one another.
- We strive for social justice, a healthy environment, and a peaceful world.
Our Vision For the Future
- We commit to being an inclusive, loving, thriving community that promotes spiritual growth and offers emotional support to the congregation and the larger community.
- We are an open-minded, liberal community that is part of a larger religious Unitarian Universalist movement that draws on the wisdom and insights of the world’s religions and philosophies.
- We dedicate ourselves to creating a spiritual home and a peaceful refuge where we foster a sense of personal responsibility to this community and encourage each person to use and develop her/his individual gifts through multiple ways of expression, learning and interaction.
- We celebrate rituals and traditions that both ground us and open us to deeper experiences.
- We provide intergenerational activities based upon our shared values of social justice, environmental stewardship, celebration of beauty and wonder, and our desire to deepen our relationships and connections with each other.
Unitarian Universalist Church of Studio City
12355 Moorpark St. Studio City, CA 91604
(818) 769-5911 || email@example.com
Administration Office Hours: Thursday 12:00 pm to 5:30 pm
Due to COVID19 Country Restrictions our office hours have changed.