Serve the Congregation
There’s always a place to serve and support your spiritual home at the UU Church of Studio City.
In addition to financial support, an important part of supporting and investing in the future of our congregation is through sharing our time and talent. Please let us know if you would like to participate in any of these opportunities:
- Greeters provide a friendly welcome Sunday mornings and Ushers serve during worship. This 1.5 hours commitment is a great way to get to know new people in the congregation. Contact Cindy Lee: firstname.lastname@example.org to be a greeter, and Luis Harbottle: email@example.com to be an usher.
- Choir enhances and inspires our worship experience. Rehearsals are Monday evenings and before the Sunday service. Contact Dr. Nancy Holland: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Classroom Volunteers serve children and youth in the Religious Exploration program, for an intergenerational experience for all involved. 1 – 2 hours per month. Contact Laurel Ross: email@example.com
- The Stewardship Team works closely with the Minister and meets year-round to spearhead and provide guidance for fund-raising initiatives and events, including the Annual Fund Drive. Contact Rev. Hannah Petrie: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gardeners for our community garden “The Shared Earth Project” bring blessings both to those that benefit from its bounty and those that put their hands and hearts to work in making it grow. See Community Garden calendar in Google Calendar To volunteer for a week of garden maintenance, or a Garden Work Party, contact Jeanne McConnell: email@example.com
- Building and Grounds Volunteers assist with keeping our property beautiful, welcoming, and functional. 3 hour commitment per month. Contact Mary McFadden: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Kitchen Team is responsible for set-up and clean-up on Sunday mornings for our fair-trade coffee service and refreshement, and assist with events. Varying time commitment. Contact Donna Mae Pitluck: email@example.com
- Chalice Circle Facilitators organize and assist groups of 6-10 people who get together once a month to explore their spirituality and offer service to the community. Materials and training are provided. Commitment includes initial training, monthly group meetings, communicating between meetings, occasional leader support meetings, and a group community service event. Contact Rev. Hannah Petrie: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office Volunteers assist the administration staff. 2 hours per week. Computer proficiency is needed. Contact Claudia Moscotte: email@example.com
Serve as a Leader
UUCSC also offers many opportunities for you to develop leadership skills. You may lead an existing team or committee, or perhaps start a new group of your own! Please contact Rev. Hannah Petrie at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
Other opportunities to serve include as a member of the Endowment Committee or the Board of Trustees. Our current and former members have found serving on UUCSC’s Board to be a meaningful way to invest in something important, make a key contribution to the Congregation, and put their ideals into practice. Serving on the Board is a great way to meet new people and build lasting relationships with other Board members and staff. Board members experience all that our staff and leadership contribute, and gain a new appreciation of all it takes to make the Congregation a success.
We encourage you to contact the Nominating Committee to suggest yourself or share a recommendation. They are always happy to hear about interested, qualified individuals. Contact either Lindsey Black: email@example.com or Kirk Prather: firstname.lastname@example.org.